Friday, December 18, 2015

A Voice Crying in the Wilderness

This is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Choose your own word day: Prepare
 
The Christmas season always gets so busy and hustled, I forget to prepare.
I don't forget to prepare my house or the food. I remember all the presents and even a few extras.
The Christmas cards are on their way and the halls are all decked.
But, I forget to prepare my heart.
To prepare him room in my life.
I never stop to live in the moment of HIS birth.
Instead I will grumble and whine about how it just doesn't feel like Christmas this year.
That it all came to early, I wasn't able to enjoy it.
This year I am realizing that is a decision I make.
I make it busy.
I make it rushed.
I focus on the wrong parts of Christmas.
It's not the media's fault or the stores or the parties, it is mine.
It is my choice to make those things more important than the REASON.
So, today I stop and refocus.
Today I will be the voice crying in the wilderness:
"PREPARE THE WAY OF THE LORD"
~Cassi
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT post, Cassi! So many people do the same things, but never realize it or correct it. I hope you have great success in slowing down and FEELING CHRISTmas for the remainder of the season... and throughout the coming years as well! :D This is a constant challenge for all of us! Thanks for writing, ad Merry Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Corine. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...